Author: Boussac, Jean
Subject: Card Games – Encyclopedia
Edition Date : 1896
Translated From French to English by: Lydie M.
The Cinq-Cents is no longer played; but as the Bezigue is only a modification, it should be discussed in this book. There are two reasons for this: 1 ° When you do not have several decks of cards at your disposal and the case often occurs, you can play a game of Cinq-cents, because a simple game of stakes is enough 2 “A very big a number of cinq-cents rules are applicable to the Bezigue, and when the reader does not find the information he is looking for in the rubric of the Bezigue, he will have the chance of meeting it in the Cinq-cents rule.
1. The Cinq-cents is played with a simple picket game (cards).
2. A draw will be made, and each player will receive 8 cards; they are given by two and three, and the trump card is returned.
Cards can be given two times three and once two, or once two and two times three; never four cards or a single card at once.
3. The value of cards is the following: ace, ten, king, queen, jack, nine, eight, and seven.
4. The top five consists of the ace, ten, king, queen, jack, and it counts for 250 in trump, and 120 when it is in another color.
5. The cards forming points have the same value as with the Bezigue; therefore, four aces are worth 100, four ten, 80, four kings 60, four queens 40 and four valets 20; a marriage of trump is worth 40; and in other colors, it is only 20; hoeing, meeting of jack and queen of diamonds IL-0; the trump card when you turn it over or when you raise it, is worth 10 points.
6. It is the one who received the cards who plays first; his opponent is free to provide any card he wants.
7. The one who did the lifting and takes the first card in the heel, and his opponent does the same. We follow this procedure until exhaustion of the heel.
8. When the heel is exhausted, one is forced to force or cut.
9. The one who has the points should mark them as soon as they announced; if he let make lifting without the mark, these points would be lost.
10. The one who would mark or announce the points which he would not have, loses the game.
11. When a player has forgotten to take the heel of the card, that must be used to complete his game, he has the right to take it, either him or his opponent who recognizes this oversight.
12. The player with the seven of trumps may change against the asset returned, and he has 10 points; but this would not be allowed if the heel was exhausted and that he has covered the map of his opponent, or even if he had played the first of their last eight cards.
13. The cards that were counted in a marriage, do not count in a straight and vice versa. (It is not the same at bezigue.)
14. The players, after having exhausted their cards, count the points they have in their lifts by giving them the value below as it points, ten 10, king 4, queen 3, jack 2 (in the bezigue, they are only the ace and the ten, the brisques.)
15. It is allowed to stop the game in the course of a game; this is done when a player believes he has attained the fixed figure as purpose, then he has won and without regard to the point of his opponent, when even the latter would have been beyond the point necessary to win, but the player that would stop the game and that it would not achieve one or more points to lose the game.
16. When at the end of a game, each of the players is found to have the same number of percentage points above the agreed point in order to win; we continue the game in 100 points more, according to the same rules to stop and to count so this is a new game that is played by 100 points. (In some localities, it is the one that has the most points in his tricks who wins. All of this is a matter of usage and conventions.)
17. In case of a misgiving, the hand passes. Or it starts again, at the choice of the opponent.
This part is a little different from the previous one in that the number of points to win is set before you start; usually, it is 1,000.
It should also be the number of cards that will be dealt to each player, it is eight, ten and even twelve.
The points have the same value as in the regular part, and they can announce at any time, before or after emergence, after the exhaustion of the heel; but this is no longer possible when the player has thrown the first of his last cards; that is to say that if it is played with eight cards, you can no longer announce when they are no more than seven.
It was announced in one fell swoop, if one player wants all the points we have in hand, a hoeing, a hundred aces, etc, and we mark them.
The fraction above 5 points worth 10, the one below does not count; if the soft opponents each have a fraction of 5 points, they also count for 10 points. But, if this were to happen at the end of a game, the fraction would be reduced to its value.
When at the end of a game, the one who gives returns a seven (which is worth 10 points), he can not count it, even if the seven should win, if his opponent announces that he has points to reach the figure set for the win of the game.
This game is played with a set of thirty-two cards; each player receives six cards, and returning the thirteenth, which is the trump.
The number of points for the gain of the game is usually set at 100.
The value of the cards is the same as in the five-hundred ordinary, except that the straight is worth 250, and the trump 500.
The player must announce his / her points, to be the first in, card, and it can only do that with five cards in hand, that is to say, before he has taken his sixth card in the talon; it is not allowed to make that announcement at the time. The last trick is worth 10 points. When the heel is exhausted, we can’t announce anything.
We mark exactly all the points that count without any exception.
Don’t be the last to know about the latest bonuses, new casino launches, or exclusive promotions. Join us today!